LA MOBILITE A BRUXELLES
Metro, tram and bus. Public transport in Brussels is operated by STIB / MIVB.
STIB headquarters / MIVB | 76, rue Royale - 1000 Bruxelles
T. : 070 23 20 00 (0,30 €/min.)
Available in metro stations, STIB / MIVB "Bootik", and some kiosks and vending machines.
- Single ticket metro/tram/bus (contactless payment) € 2.10
- Single ticket (bought at the ticket machine or at the counter) €2.60
- Single ticket (bought on board the bus/tram) € 3.00
- 1 day ticket (contactless payment) € 7.50
- 1 day ticket (bought at the ticket machine or at the counter) € 8.00
- Ticket from the airport(contactless payment on the bus) € 7. 00
- Ticket from the airport (bought at the ticket machine or at the counter) €7.50
- Ticket from the airport (bought on board the bus) € 8,00
(line to the airport: 12 )
- The Noctis night network applies daytime rates
Tickets requiring a personal Mobib or Mobib Basic card
(5€, available in the "Kiosk" and "Bootik" STIB / MIVB):
- Brupass Ticket 10 trips € 15.00
- Brupass ticket 1 trip €2.40
Free metro maps are available in metro stations and tourist information officers.
Brussels-Capital Region | T. : 0800 94 001 | email@example.com
Taxi fares are made up of three tariffs:
- the price per kilometre in Brussels : 1,80€
- the price per km outside of Brussels' 19 municipalities : 2,70€
- a pick-up charge of : 2,40 € during the day / 4,40 € at night
- One-hour waiting-time : 30,00 €
Charges are displayed on the meter (service included). It’s your choice whether you want to leave a tip, but they’re always well received. The average fare from the city centre to the airport is €40,00. Some taxi companies offer special rates.
Please note !
The meter should be lit up at the start of your journey. You will receive a printed receipt when you reach your destination. Only taxis which bear the Brussels Region official symbol are authorised to pick you up (unless you have booked the taxi).
Brussels taxi companies
- Autolux - T. : +32 2 411 41 42
- Taxis Bleus - T. : +32 2 268 00 00
- Taxi Capital - T. : +32 2 427 77 77
- Taxis Verts - T.: +32 2 349 49 49
- Taxis Ucclois - T. : +32 2 374 20 20
- TaxiBus for people with reduced mobility - T. : +32 2 515 23 65
Should you have any complaints, please note down the taxi’s number plate before doing anything else.
T. : 0800 94 001 | www.brusselstaxi.be
Collecto is a collective taxi service operating across the Brussels Region between 23:00 and 06:00 every night. You must pre-book your journey at least 20 minutes in advance. Fares for a journey within the Brussels Region start at €6,00.
T. : 02 800 36 36 | www.collecto.org
Villo! is a bike hire service. It is available in Brussels’s 19 municipalities, including the City of Brussels, with 360 stations and 5,000 bikes across the Region.
Hire a bike at one of its 360 stations in the city every day at any time.
The ticket is valid for 1 or 7 days and is aimed at occasional users.
- Price: 1 day ticket: 1,65 €
- 7-day ticket : 8,40 €
- Charges beyond 30 minutes of use: The first half hour is free
- The second half hour costs 0.50€
- The third half hour costs 1€.
- Beyond that: 2.00€ per 30 minutes of use.
T. : 078 05 11 10 | www.villo.be
Do you have a short journey to make in Brussels? The capital is overflowing with self-service e-scooters. For short journeys, they make a good alternative to traditional transport methods.
Several businesses lead the way in Brussels: Lime, Dott, Circ,...
Scooters are all roughly the same price: generally, it costs 1€ to unlock the scooter and then approximately 0.25€ per kilometre travelled.
How does it work? You download the corresponding app on your smartphone and register (name, surname, credit card number...). The app then tells you which route to take.